From Auckland International or Domestic Airport
From the Auckland International or Domestic Airport you can travel by taxi or by bus.
Traveling by Taxi will take between 30 minutes and 90 minutes strictly depending on traffic. Most taxi services offer a fixed price rate of $50NZD from the Airport to the CBD.
Airbus has two routes through Auckland. You can travel via either route to the CBD.
1. Travel on Airbus to Auckland CBD. Get off at the first stop at the top of Queen Street.
2. Walk back up Queen Street (Approximately 50 metres) and turn right onto Karangahape Road.
3. Walk along Karangahape Road to the next major intersection and turn right onto Pitt Street.
4. Walk down Pitt Street for approximately 400 metres. You will find YMCA Hostel on the corner of Greys Ave and Pitt Street (after the Auckland Centre Fire Station).
Walking from the bus stop you YMCA Hostel will take approximately 10 minutes.
From The Auckland City Bus Terminal
The Auckland City Bus Terminal is located in the Sky City complex.
Traveling by taxi to YMCA Hostel will take approximately 5 minutes and travellers can expect to pay $10NZD.
Walking from the Auckland City Bus Terminal will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
1. Exit the Bus Terminal turning left onto Hobson Street.
2. Walk up Hobson Street to the top. Turn left onto Pitt Street.
3. Walk along Pitt Street to the corner of Vincent Street (Approximately 100metres). YMCA Hostel is on the opposite corner at the crossing.
From The Auckland Central Train Station (Britomart)
Britomart is located at the bottom of Auckland's CBD.
Travelling by taxi to YMCA Hostel will take approximately 10 minutes and travellers can expect to pay $15NZD.
Walking from Britomart will take approximately 30 minutes.
1. Exit Britomart via the main entrance. Turn left out of the entrance to walk up Queen Street. You will be walking about 3/4 of the way up Queen Street.
2. Turn right at the lights onto Mayoral Drive (After Aotea Square and the Auckland Town Hall)
3. Walk along Mayoral Drive. At the second intersection turn left onto Vincent Street (The Auckland Central Police Station is on the corner)
4. Walk to the top of Vincent Street. You will find YMCA Hostel on the left corner at the top.