It’s fun to work in the YMCA Youth Development Team!
We are looking for a passionate Youth Development Coordinator to join the YMCA North Raise Up team based between Mt Albert and Massey, with programmes in West Auckland. Join a fun and supportive team helping build a positive future for youth in Aotearoa.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week mainly working Monday to Friday but will require occasional work on Saturdays.
What will you be doing?
- Developing a Raise Up youth programme that is inclusive and provides an environment for rangatahi to be a positive voice for change in their community.
- Building relationships with schools, sector organisations, governance boards and local communities
- Providing opportunities for rangatahi to be heard through forming and maintaining youth voice platforms.
- Developing a clear marketing and promotion plan for your programmes and events that encourages and supports youth engagement and awareness
- Ensuring programmes and events meet set attendance targets, youth requests and demand
For more information about the Raise Up programme head to Raise Up or check out our Instagram @raiseupnz
What experience/skills do you need?
- A qualification or experience in youth work or mentorship
- A qualification or experience in programme and event management
- Experience in coordinating youth-led programmes preferred
- Commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Full driver licence
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on The Y services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
About The Y North:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues
If you have any queries about this role, please send an email to Shari Lett at email@example.com
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.