It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Tri-Squad Coach to join our team based at Glen Innes Pools & Leisure Centre. The role is PART TIME for 2 hours to 12 hours per week based on a roster - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 5:30-8:30am and Saturdays at 7:30-9:00am
What will you be doing?
- Coach the tri-squad classes and activities to for youth and adults
- Make a programs/workout for the tri-squad for the entire week
- Provide feedback on progress and technique
- Create a fun and friendly environment within the tri-squad/swim school that is welcoming and comfortable to all members, new and old, and encourages a sense of belonging and support.
What experience/skills do you need?
- You must be able to swim.
- Experience in swim coaching is preferable.
- Have knowledge or experienced in ocean swims, triathlon and or ironman
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate would be an advantage.
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Swim School)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.