It’s fun to work at The Y!
At The Y Swim School, we believe there is no wrong age when it comes to learning an essential water safety skill; especially when you're living in New Zealand, where most of your quality family time is spent outdoors in and around water.
With dedicated heated pools providing a comfortable learning environment year-round, we offer swim programmes for all ages, from babies/toddlers, school groups and adult classes.
We are looking for Swim School Teachers to join our team based at Onehunga War Memorial Pools.
This is a part time rostered role offering a minimum of 3hr to approximately 20hrs depending on availability.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver excellence in customer service at all times.
- Teach all courses, classes and activities in a professional manner to ensure a quality learning experience for all participants.
- Create a fun and friendly environment within the swim school that is welcoming and comfortable to all members, new and old, and encourages a sense of belonging and support.
Swim Teaching Qualifications are preferred however please note that full training will be provided.
What experience/skills do you need?
- Preferably have experience in teaching swimming
- Preferably hold AUSTSWIM qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate would be advantage
- Able to build rapport with all swim school users
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g., childcare, holiday programs, sports leagues, etc.
- Professional development, on the job qualifications, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
About The Y:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy