It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
Are you passionate about recreation and looking for an exciting new opportunity? We are seeking a dynamic Recreation Supervisor to join our team based at Sir William Jordan Recreation Centre. As a Recreation Supervisor you will have the opportunity to coordinate and manage a range of exciting programs including kids basketball classes, basketball leagues, hires, and birthday parties. You'll also have the chance to put your refereeing and coaching skills to the test by leading classes and supporting staff when needed.
The role is part time for 20 hours per week. Shifts are 3-4 evenings per week, no weekends (unless needed for cover).
What will you be doing?
As a Recreation Supervisor you will be assisting the Fitness & Recreation Manager with:
- Coordinating and managing our recreation programs, (kids basketball classes, basketball leagues, hires, and birthday parties)
- Supervising staff, ensuring that all activities are adequately staffed
- Developing and implementing new programs and initiatives to keep our programs fresh and exciting.
- Maintain accurate records of program attendance, revenue, and expenses.
- Ensure that all activities are run safely and efficiently.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, such as schools, community groups, and sports clubs, to promote our programs and build strong partnerships.
- Referee and coach classes when needed.
- Manage administrative tasks related to the programs, such as scheduling, invoicing, and customer service.
What experience/skills do you need?
- Experience in coordinating or managing.
- Experience in coaching and refereeing basketball.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Hold a current first aid certificate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g., childcare, holiday programs, sports leagues, etc.
- Professional development, on the job qualifications, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
If you're ready to take on an exciting new challenge and make a real impact in the lives of our customers, we encourage you to apply for this fantastic opportunity. We offer competitive compensation, professional development opportunities, and a supportive and inclusive work environment. Don't miss out – send your resume and cover letter to [insert contact information] by [insert deadline]. Join our team today!
About The Y:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Policy.