It’s fun to work at The Y!
Y Out of School Care - Fun. Done. Right - where kids learn, play and grow within a safe environment.
You'll be helping to deliver a range of programmes, currently including Engineering Wonders, Cool Builders, Future Inventors, Sporty Stars, & Super Artists; where you'll guide kids to experience a range of 'all things cool' to explore, innovate, self discover, and just have an epic time!
We offer both school term programmes and holiday programmes.
We are looking for vibrant people to join our team in Warkworth and Kaipara, Auckland.
You'll be forward thinking, well-organised, can follow the required guidelines and love working with kids.
Two Roles available!
Shift times: Monday-Friday
Warkwoth School - 2.30pm - 4pm
Kaipara School - 2:30pm - 6pm
What will you be doing?
- Prepare breakfast and afternoon tea
- Facilitating activities and playing games
- Arts, crafts and dancing
- Providing first aid
- Looking after children
- Actively participate and interact with children in the programme
- Set up and clean-up activities and facility areas used by children
- Ensure physical and emotional safety of children and other staff at all times
- Treat all children with dignity and respect whilst providing positive encouragement
What experience/skills do you need?
- Its all about attitude, previous child-minding experience advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided
- Empathy for children
- Passion for working with kids and youth
- Great communication skills
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on The Y services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
About The Y North:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Policy.
If you have any further queries about this role, please send an email to email@example.com