Its fun to work at The Y!
Do you enjoy the idea of spending your work hours by the poolside, ensuring everyone has a splashing good time? Look no further, because we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Safety is our biggest priority and these roles are key to ensuring a safe environment for our customers and are paramount to the successful running of our aquatic facilities.
We are looking for a Lifeguard to join our team based at Cameron Pool & Leisure Centre in Mt Roskill.
Great part time opportunity offering a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Mon, Tues, Wed 1.30pm-9.15pm
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring: Keep a watchful eye on swimmers, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Reacting: Be ready to respond swiftly in case of emergencies, providing first aid and lifesaving techniques as needed.
- Assisting: Help our members with any questions they might have and contribute to a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- Enforcing Rules: Ensure that pool rules and regulations are followed, creating a safe and enjoyable environment for all visitors.
What experience/skills do you need?
You'll be a natural when it comes to problem-solving and thinking on your feet and have the skills to communicate with a diverse range of customers. Previous experience as a lifeguard is an advantage but it's not essential as full training will be provided.
- Be a confident swimmer
- Required Qualifications: Support to gain required qualifications can be provided
- PLSA (Pool Lifeguard Skills Award)
- PLPC (Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate)
- First Aid
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
About The Y North:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to us by clicking apply now!
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy