It’s fun to work at The Y!
We are looking for Group Fitness contractors to join our team at North Shore Recreation Centre!
We are looking for all kinds of group exercise classes and skill such as Pilates, Yoga, Spin, Pump, Zumba and Goldfit
What will you be doing?
- Create a fun and friendly environment in the Group Exercise.
- Instruct all classes in a professional manner and provide members with safe and effective classes in accordance with YMCA Fitness Group Exercise Code of Practice.
- Proactively engage with members
- Ensure healthy and safe practices are followed
- Member consultations, program shows & reviews
- Member journey administration
- Group fitness programming and delivery
- Deliver Small Group Training sessions
What experience/skills do you need?
- Have group fitness experience (6 months)
- Be REPs Registered (or able to be)
- Hold a Fitness qualification
- Be able to demonstrate communication skills
Support to gain required qualifications can be provided
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g., childcare, holiday programs, sports leagues, etc.
- Professional development, on the job qualifications, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
About The Y:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Policy