It’s fun to work at The Y!
We are looking for a vibrant Customer Care Specialist to join our team at The Mount Albert Community and Leisure Centre.
A great full time role, offering minimum 40 hours per week - working with the below shifts.
Shift 1 5.45am to 2.15 pm Mon - Fri
Shift 2 10.30 to 6pm Mon - Wednesday And Sat and Sun 7.45 to 5pm
Shift 3 12.30- 9 Mon - Thurs 11.30-8pm Fridays
The above shifts are worked on a four week rotating roster. Applicants need to be available for whichever 40 hour shift they are on.
What will you be doing?
- You will handle all reception services and customer queries
- Deliver excellence in customer service at all times to maximise customer satisfaction and retention.
- Retail, The Y programmes and membership sales.
- Till reconciliation, data entry, customer enrolments, memberships, bookings, etc
- General administration
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment.
What experience/skills do you need?
- Minimum six (6) months Customer Service experience
- Computer Savvy and competent in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently or work well in a team across all cultures and ages with YMCA
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Has an empathetic approach, respects confidentiality and the privacy of others.
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on The Y services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
About The Y:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y Safeguarding Policy.