The Y has camps at two incredible locations in the Auckland region. Located on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula and in the Hunua Ranges, our two Y Outdoor Camps provide outdoor education for groups and individuals from across New Zealand, as well as overseas. With over 30 years’ experience in the outdoor education and group accommodation industry – we have the knowledge and know-how to offer outstanding outdoor education experiences for people of all ages and abilities, from school camps and holiday programs to corporate team building and family groups.
We are looking for an inspirational, forward thinking, strategic, Centre Manager to join our team and represent The Y at our Camp Adair site.
As the Centre Manager, you will be fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, safety and customer service deliverables. This means you will proactively connect and network with other businesses and organisation’s to grow the Outdoors portfolios. You will be well supported to achieve success by a high-performing team on-site, as well as a Support Office of industry and business experts.
With ongoing developments, there are always plenty of projects and growth opportunity to get behind.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a high level of self-motivation and drive to deliver results
- Demonstrates strong experience in providing tailored solutions that deliver outstanding customer experiences and business and community outcomes
- Has values aligned to ours; Care, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility
- Knowledge and experience in the outdoors industry/outdoor qualification desirable – is current with industry best practice or has experience in running a successful outdoor programme
- Administrative, budgeting, business planning or financial analysis experience – has prepared an annual business plan and budget, achieved or exceeded targets
- Full NZ Drivers licence required with P-Endorsement (due to requirement to transport people via minivan) – support to gain P endorsement can be provided
- Current workplace First Aid Certificate – support to gain can be provided
- A proven Business Development history and relationship builder with Commercial operators, Funders, Council and key stakeholders
- Minimum two years of people management experience with ability to coach, mentor and motivate
What The Y offers
- Free gym membership and discounts on The Y services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues etc.
- On-site parking
- Staff development programmes and safeguarding training
- A sense of belonging in an open, inclusive and diverse high preforming team
- Knowing that you are making a difference to the lives of people in the local and wider community
About YMCA North
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Policy.