It’s fun to work at the Y!
We are looking for an experienced Early Learning Centre Manager who wants to inspire, empower and lead a fabulous team.
What will you be doing?
Our Early Learning Centre in Pembroke Street Hamilton offers passionate educators in a multicultural environment. As part of the wider YMCA group we also have a strong community focus.
- You will be managing a great team of Teachers to achieve the greatest outcomes for our Children and whanau
- We are looking for an exceptional leader with the right experience & knowledge to join our passionate team. Is it you?
- Your role will include:
- Managing and developing the business
- Ensuring compliance
- Building & and maintaining relationships
- Budgeting and business planning
- Leading and coaching the ECE team
- Facilitating the ongoing professional development and implementation of practices in the centre.
What experience/skills do you need?
- 3+ years’ experience in an ECE environment is essential including Customer relationship, staff, facility and operations management
- Bachelors in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent)
- Provisional or Full NZ Teacher Registration
- Thorough understanding of current approaches of effective teaching and learning across the curriculum
- Able to accurately complete funding applications & documentation, strong attention to detail is essential
- Strong communication & leadership skills
- Good knowledge around curriculum, assessment, planning and evaluation
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional practice
- Coaching and mentoring experience that can unlock the potential of others
What The Y offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on The Y services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
About The Y:
As a not-for profit, everything we do each day has a positive impact, and we have fun doing it! We believe in the power of inspired and connected communities, where people feel safe and are motivated to reach their full potential. Our values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility are at the core of our culture and the valued connections and friendships you’ll build here are lifelong. The Y employees and careers represent many lifestyles and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, with jobs and hours to suit everyone’s stage of life from 14-70+. Our varied services and activities offer a wide range of career pathways where your development will be supported to help you reach your career goals. Our STAR Awards, Outward Bound scholarship opportunities, and long service recognition reward your contribution. We have benefits to suit your lifestyle, with access to free counselling, free annual flu vaccinations, free gym membership for all employees, and discounts for our services such as early learning centres, before and after school care, camps, swim school and sports leagues.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
The Y North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with The Y North Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy